To help your tan apply and adhere well, we have compiled some tips below! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out before your appointment.
Before Your Tan:
- If you fail to exfoliate, your tan may look splotchy. Exfoliate, shower and shave at least 4 hours before your appointment. Do not moisturize right before your appointment.
- When bathing prior to your tan, it is best to use a body wash that you can see through (transparent). White bar soaps may contain ingredients that act as a barrier and could result in uneven or splotchy tans.
- Facials, manicures/pedicures, waxing and other hair removal should all be done at least one day prior to your tanning session.
- Don’t wear beauty products, including but not limited to lotions, perfume and makeup when you come for your tan.
- Bring or wear loose-fitting clothing. If the weather permits, flip-flops may also be worn after the tan.
After You Tan:
- Stay away from activities that will cause you to sweat or get wet until the tan has fully developed (8 to 12 hours).
- Avoid rubbing your skin or touching skin to skin, like crossing your legs while sitting, while the tan developing.
- Once the tan has fully developed, you may shower and rinse off the solution and bronzer. Use warm, but not hot water. When you are done showering and drying off, pat your skin dry with your towel rather than rubbing
- Continue to avoid bar soaps. Transparent body washes tend to be the best for a spray tan.
- Make sure to moisturize every day! Avoid applying products to your skin that contain alcohol, mineral oils, chemical exfoliants or anything abrasive such as a body or facial scrub.