Ranch dressing is something I love and let’s be real, I could find an excuse to put it on practically anything. While I love the flavor, I don’t love all of the junk that is in the vast majority of store bought ranch dressing like preservatives and artificial flavors.
Making ranch dressing at home is something I have done for a while. I have experimented with and created dozens of different versions, but this right here is the holy grail. This dressing is bright, tangy, creamy and has all of that good ranch flavor while being 100% vegan and free from yucky oils, preservatives and artificial flavors. Use this dressing as is, in recipes calling for ranch or as a dip or thin it down to create more of a pourable salad dressing consistency. However you decide to use it, this is a judgment free zone!
The Last Ranch Dressing Recipe You’ll Ever Need
Yield: About 1 1/2 Cups
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
1/4 Cup Raw Cashews
1 Ripe Avocado
2 1/2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
3/4 Cup Water (add an additional 1/4 cup water for a dressing like consistency)
1 Green Onion, Finely Chopped
1 Tsp Dried Dill
1 Tsp Dried Parsley
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
Juice From One Lemon (about 1 tbsp)
- Soak 1/4 cup of raw cashews overnight if possible. If not, pour boiling water over them and soak for at least two hours.
- Drain cashews.
- Add drained cashews, water and the apple cider vinegar to blender and blend 15 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula.
- Cut the avocado into half lengthwise, remove the pit and then cut into cubes.
- Add the avocado, green onion, dill, parsley, garlic powder, salt, onion powder and lemon juice.
- Cover and blend for 15 more seconds. Scrape the sides down. Cover and blend until smooth.
And just like that, you have your own bowl of magical ranch goodness that will keep fresh in the fridge for about a week! YUM.