This garlicky avocado arugula toast is easy enough for a healthy, every day breakfast while still having enough pizazz to serve at your next brunch! This combination contains necessary micronutrients like potassium, magnesium, iron, vitamin c, vitamin k and vitamin a as well as proteins and healthy fats. Choose your favorite bread and cook your eggs the way you prefer and this will be your new favorite breakfast!
Garlicky Avocado Arugula Toast
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Makes 2 Servings (2 Toasts/Person)
4 Pieces of Your Fav Bread – Toasted
4 Eggs, Cooked (whites, scrambled, over easy, hard boiled, etc)
2 Large Handfuls of Arugula
2-3 Cloves Garlic, Mashed
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Large Wedges of Lemon
1. Mince the garlic and add it to the olive oil in a microwave safe dish. Microwave the mixture for 10 seconds. Remove from microwave, stir and microwave for 10 more seconds. (Don’t skip this step – this helps mellow out the taste of raw garlic and helps to infuse the oil!)
2. Using a spoon, drizzle the garlic and oil over the four pieces of toasted bread, leaving a small amount of oil and garlic remaining.
3. Place the arugula in a bowl and squeeze one of the lemon wedges over it. Add in the remaining oil and garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper and then toss to coat the arugula. Set aside.
4. Cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit. Scoop the avocado out onto the toasted bread, using 1/4 of the avocado for each piece of toast. Using the back of a fork, mash the avocado slightly onto the toast. Use the remaining lemon wedge to squeeze lemon juice onto the four pieces of avocado covered toast.
5. Top each piece of toast with some of the arugula mixture and then top it all with an egg on each piece of toast.